Last updated: 15.05.2023
- to ensure the functionality of the Website;
- to analyse the users’ usage of the Website to improve our services;
- to prevent fraud;
- for marketing purposes as provided for in the description of the cookies;
- for other purposes described in this Policy.
Cookies are small text files stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements that are used to remember your preferences, browser or device settings, which are relevant during and across the Website use and visits. The information may not always identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience.
Cookies by provider
There are two types of cookies divided under the category of provider, namely:
- First-party cookies: cookies placed on the Website by the host of the domain the user is visiting. Basically, we put these cookies on the Website.
- Third-party cookies: cookies placed on the Website by domains other than the one the user is visiting. As we cannot deliver ourselves a variety of features necessary to ensure the personalized and convenient experience of the user, we use third-party cookies.
We use both first-party and third-party cookies.
Cookies by the period of expiry
The cookies also vary depending on the period of retention, namely:
- Session cookies: these are the temporary cookies, which are deleted when you leave the Website.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies stay in one of your browser’s subfolders until you delete them manually or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the persistent cookie’s file.
We use both the session and persistent cookies.
You have the right to choose whether to accept the particular cookies or not. However, cookies are an important part of how our Website works. Please be aware that if you choose to block or delete particular cookies, some features of our Website may not function well or may become unavailable.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can still choose to set your browser to block or delete cookies. To modify the settings of your browser, follow the instructions included in the following links:
- Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en);
- Safari (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac);
- Opera (https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/);
- Microsoft Edge (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d);
- Mozilla Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer).
The list of third-party’s cookies providers is not exclusive, and it might change from time to time in the course of our activity.
Most web browsers collect fingerprint data according to their own practices and policies. We do not process such data and are not responsible for its collection and processing.
Please, bear in mind that this policy DOES NOT cover the cookies collected by the third parties when you follow the links to any website other than our Website.
Types of Cookies, Purposes and Retention
We use four main types of cookies, including those placed by the third-party services that appear on our Website:
- Necessary: enable users to use the website by providing basic functions, e.g., ensuring security. The website cannot function properly without these cookies;
- Preferential: enable our website to remember choices you make and recognize you when you return, for example, preferable language, etc.;
- Analytics: these cookies are used to collect information about how users interact with our website (e.g. page visits and page load speed). These cookies are sometimes placed by third party providers of web traffic analysis services.
- Marketing: these cookies are used to track the visitor’s interest in a particular product, to measure the number of unique visits and recognise returning users and to deliver a targeted advertisement to users. These cookies are placed by us and selected third parties and enable adverts to be presented to you on third party websites.
- consent of the user;
- legitimate interest of the Company.
We collect the necessary and preferential cookies on the basis of our legitimate interest, namely:
- to check if user’s browser supports cookies;
- for load balancing (in order to optimize user-experience);
- to preserve user session state across page requests;
- to prevent cross-site request forgery (for security purposes);
- to detect if the visitor has accepted marketing category in the cookie banner.
Necessary cookies are always active.
Preferential cookies are off unless, for example, the user chooses to manage their preferences in another way. In this case the preferential cookies turn on automatically to ensure the request of the user.
Other cookies, namely the analytics cookies, are used only on a basis of the user’s consent.
The following table sets out the different categories of cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them.
Necessary cookies (2)
Stores the user’s cookie consent state for the current domain 1 year
Ensures visitor browsing-security by preventing cross-site request forgery. This cookie is essential for the security of the website and visitor.
Preferential cookies (2)
|_language||claligners.com||This cookie is used to determine the preferred language of the visitor and sets the language accordingly on the website, if possible.||12 days|
|_locale||claligners.com||enable our website to remember choices you make and recognize you when you return||1 year|
Analytics cookies (1)
|_User||claligners.com||to collect information about how users interact with our website||
Marketing cookies (1)
|1P_JAR||gstatic.com||This cookie is used to provide ad delivery or retargeting.||16 days|
- Our email: email@example.com
- Our address: Hanauer strasse, 1-5, 75181, Pforzheim, Germany